By Shanika Chapman, eHow Contributor
Dancing is an excellent way to increase your health and fitness level. One of the oldest forms of exercise, dancing is perfect for all ages due to its flexibility and potentially low impact. If you are looking to improve your health, take a look at the many medical benefits of dancing.
- Dancing can help strengthen bones.
- Regular dancing, like any form of cardiovascular exercise, can lower blood pressure.
- Dancing helps your body utilize oxygen more efficiently.
- Depending on the type of dancing, you can burn anywhere from 200 to 400 calories per half hour.
- Dancing with others can be much more motivational than working out on your own. For seniors, dancing can help keep the brain and body active, reducing the risk of dementia.